Atfaluna Society for Deaf Children
Atfaluna Society for Deaf Children, located in Gaza City, is inviting applications from qualified persons for the post of full time Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
With input from the organization’s Finance Officer, the position holder will be responsible for all ASDC’s financial work and documents while keeping them transparent, safe and organized specifically:
- Maintain ASDC’s general accounting system and track expenditures related to the organisation’s programs
- Review the presence of relevant financial documents and signed proof of payment for expenses, including invoices, receipts, timesheets, etc.
- Prepare and document payments according to availability of funding
- File financial data & documents in an organized and orderly way
- Prepare financial reports for each of the organisation’s programs and projects in a timely manner according to defined requirements
- Update ASDC’s financial policies and procedures upon direction from ASDC management
- Represent the organisation in meetings with partners upon direction from ASDC management
- Represent the organisation in trainings, workshops and seminars
- On a monthly basis reconcile the organisation’s bank accounts with its bank statements
- Provide management with a monthly budget comparison for each of ASDC’s programs
- Issue salaries of ASDC’s employees and payments for other hired staff
- In coordination with related staff, tend to the preparation, declaration and submission of employees’ leaving benefits and tax on salary
- Develop the ASDC’s financial audit report in collaboration with the ASDC contracted auditor
- In coordination with related staff prepare the ASDC’s annual financial statement and annual balances to be submitted to the Ministry of Interior.
- Level of academic background: BA with a certificate of Accounting
- Experienced user of Al-Aseel accounting software
- 3-5 years relevant experience in non-profit organizations
- Proficiency in MS Office skills particularly Excel
- Ease in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Good organizational skills, punctuality, and ability to meet deadlines
- Team spirit
Candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to send a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae including three references to the Director of Atfaluna Society for Deaf Children by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org before the 16th of February 2019.
Share this Post: